Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here's to the Chicken Coop

Well its been forever since I've had access to a computer but I managed to find the apple store in the louvre mall..

My last two nights in Florence were awesome. On Thursday we went to dinner at Ciro's and sons and enjoyed our last bit of Italian food. We then went to a club called Space, I had been there in high school and it still looked exactly the same including the number of Italian high schoolers there. We ended up finding our Australian friends from the night before. On Friday I went to the central market one last time and then walked through the market to buy gifts. Morgan, Worth and I went to Oil Shoppe for lunch to get our last Italian paninis even though it was a tough decision between that and the school cafeteria me and Isabelle's fav restaurant. That afternoon Worth and I went to Santa Croce Church and saw Michelangelo, Machiavelli, and Galileo's tombs. The church was so pretty and really interesting. We then got our last gelato, probably the saddest moment ever. In the evening we watched the sunset at Piazza de Michelangelo with a nice bottle of Chianti. For dinner, we headed down to Gusta Osteria, the restaurant of the brothers of our favorite pizza place, Gusta Pizza. It was delicious and such a great way to spend the last night. The owners even gave me a free I love Gusta Pizza tshirt. On Saturday we left Florence early for Lake Como. We stayed in a nice hotel in Cadenambia and laid out by the pool all day. The lake surrounded by the mountains was gorgeous.
Sunday morning we took off bright and early for Interlaken. We spent the day watching the parade in town while eating brats and beers. It was national swiss day so the town and our hostel were very lively. We all bought Swiss attire and celebrated the holiday at our hostel because they had a cookout and party for it that night. We made friends with lots of Australians and English. The next day it rained on and off all day. Isabelle and I took a boat cruise to Speiz and got to see lots of the Lake Thunesee. It was really pretty despite the clouds. That night Sarah and I made friends w a guy fro, Georgia and hung out with him. On Tuesday Isabelle and Maggie went to Geneva while Sarah and I paraglided. It was definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done and such an amazing view. We then left Interlaken for Paris and arrived around 8 pm; Sarah and I got crepes fro, a hostel suggestion and they were so good. I got one with ham and cheese..best French food I've ever had.

This morning we went to the Arc de Triumph and walked down the Champs Elysess. We then got lunch at Rue Clar near the Eiffel tower garden before venturing to the train station to book our train to madrid. After a three hour fiasco of thinking we would never make it there we found a train leaving Friday night. The other three girls are now in the Louvre and I'm exploring the lovely apple store haha..its been an interesting day to say the least. I hope the rest of our time in Paris goes a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment